Battlestar Galactica Celebrates 10 Million Players
A recent press release from Bigpoint included some pretty impressive statistics for their free to play MMORPG Game, Battlestar Galactica Online. Since the games launch back in May of 2011, Bigpoint have attracted over 10 million registered users, a pretty impressive figure for a game just over a year old. The announcement ties in with the birthday celebrations as Battlestar Galactica Online celebrates a successful year of MMORPG Game goodness.
Running through until April 6th, Bigpoint will be giving out free in-game items and other bonuses to active players. Although I don’t agree with them assisting the extinction of the human race, they’ve decided to offer rewards for both the Human and Cylon factions.
Here are some other fun facts from the press release:
· Within a year, 9.2 Million mining ships have been called.
· Within a year, 11.5 Billion loot items have been dropped.
· Monthly, 3.7 Million Rewards are earned.
· Monthly, players buy 16,000 new ships.
· Weekly, 55,000 players participate in PvP tournaments.
· Weekly, an average of one million player ships are destroyed; nearly 50-50 ratio Human and Cylon.
Probably the most interesting of the above statistics is the player ship destroy count. The fact that a PvP MMORPG Game is able to keep so close to a 50/50 ratio shows a lot of effort has gone towards balance, considering they have to take so many factors into account such as ship types, ship equipment, player numbers, individual skill etc.
Battlestar Galactica Online is one of the most successful free to play, browser games on the internet at the moment, and it shows no sign of easing up.