BigPoint Announce Innovative New MOBA Title: Merc Elite
BigPoint, MMO developers most well known for the likes of Farmerama and FantasyRama, have just announced their latest title, the uniquely themed MOBA game, Merc Elite. Take a moment to think about every MOBA game you’ve seen or played. What do they all share in common? Well the large majority are all fantasy themed, using gods or other deities as inspiration for characters and gameplay mechanics.
BigPoint are hoping to change the industry standard with their latest announcement, the military themed MOBA game Merc Elite. The game will feature similar mechanics to other MOBA titles but with a few unique twists and turns. The most dominant features within the game are outlined below
• 5 versus 5 team battles
• First MOBA game in a new and unique team-based military setting for the genre.
• Domination is the main game mode. Two teams vie for control of the majority of flags.
• Unique features: Direct fire shooting, precise line of sight and directional cover.
• Top-down perspective, customizable characters and weapons and over 120 skills.
• 5 unique classes: recon, assault, commander, heavy gunner, tank.
• Realistic, near-future setting
• The stronger the opponent, the more experience and currency a player earns to upgrade characters and weapons
They’ve yet to release any more information but we’re expecting closed beta to begin over the next few weeks. Be sure to check back soon for all the latest on Merc Elite.