League of Legends updates in Summoner’s Rift map is sure to make your Yordle yodel
Yordle, Yordle, Yordle I made you out of clay…
Oh wait… Get your cute and cuddly on with the new graphics update for the entire map released by Riot for League of Legends. The little furball creature species has a new update in Summoner’s Rift among other new textures and animations.
They need it to keep active and social. A sad or depressed Yordle is not a good Yordle. There are several of the little guys Amumu, Corki, Heimerdinger, Kennen, Lulu, Poppy, Rumble, Teemo, Tristana, Veigar, and Ziggs.
A while back PC Gamer had revealed Riot’s first images of their new art style on their site, but now Riot has regular graphic updates instead of a massive send out.
League of Legends Champions see regular updates to visuals on a pretty basic pattern. This new big change to the wildly popular Summoner’s Rift map is sure to make your Yordle yodel.
Here’s what we know has been added so far.
- Summoner’s Rift gets a graphics overhaul by a retexture. Ground and river areas are most affected, though the brush also looks remarkably better. Performance got a overhual as to Riot’s growing technical abilities..so Yippekaiay! This has to do with how textures are stored and loaded by your system so bonus for us.
- Better animations for AI controlled monsters. Ancient Golem, the Lizard Elder and the big purple leech himself, Baron Nashor all get some love thrown on. The former shopkeeper is traded for a Yordle to handle the store. He even brough his pet yonkey.
- Ashe, the Frost Archer, has had a body lift with tweaked animations… a breast reduction to be more areodynamic. Boo. The update will work for the Queen, Woad, and Freljord skins, and the Amethyst skin will finally get her purple arrows.
- Towers will now give warning with a sound when they target you! The sound plays as soon as the tower calculates you as the next target, not when it fires its first shot at you- so start stepping. A marker also appears to pop up over the towers head, in addition to the sound effect. Check it out in motion: Youtube.
- HOT New skins added! Sad Robot Amumu, Dark Flame Shyvana and Tyrant Swain (unofficial names, naturally) are something to look forward to.
All four screenshots released by Riot: