Publisher: KingsIsle Entertainment
Graphics: Medium Quality
EXP Rate: Low
File size: 8 MB + patches
Pv P: Yes duels
Wizard101 is an online fantasy MMORPG set in a realm of child wizards and evil sorcerers. Wizard101 allows you to take part in one of the various wizardry schools, where you can learn collectible card magic, battle in a world full of unique monsters and complete challenging quests by yourself or with the aid of another character. Create your own student Wizard and save Wizard City!
Character creation and the tutorial both have voice overs, that make it easy to understand the game, and learn more about how to play the game. New players chose which magic type to specialize in by answering a series of questions with seven possible outcomes:
- Fire School – Fire spells tend to deal damage over time. They have the unique ability to stun their enemies.
- Ice School – Ice wizards have the highest health and defense ratings.
- Storm School – Focused on dealing heavy damage at the expensive of accuracy.
- Life School – Life wizards are the only ones who can heal other players and preform group heals.
- Myth School – Myth wizards are the summoners of Wizard101.
- Death School – Death spells tend to deal lower damage but absorb health and heal the caster.
- Balance School – Balance wizards are the jack of all trades.
The combat in Wizard101 is easily one of the games best assets. When you begin combat you’re placed onto 1 slot on a 8 slot circle. Enemies and other friendly players can occupy the rest of the slots. Players then take it in turns to use abilities and cards. When using a monster card a highly detailed 3D animation is played that rivals anything you’ll see in other online games. Whether you summon a mythical minotaur or a vicious bear, the animations are nothing short of breathtaking.
Wizard101 is similar to the setting of the widely popular Harry potter franchise, while also having a slight World of Warcraft interface, you’ll notice this at the loading screens, and the amount of detail in the towns along with the placement of character names above your characters head. However the main presentation and style of this game is unique, the style is completely American and has been in comparison with other Asian MMORPG’s, Wizard101 has higher production values.
Wizard101 has great graphics, the cartoon style interface makes the targeted kid age-group very obvious, the tutorial is very helpful, as it will show you the school requirements that you are to live up to, and the talent trees you’ll build yourself around. The game is absolutely great if you want a nice magical Harry Potter/WoW like game interface, yet free to play, also if you’re new to the world of MMORPG gaming, this is a great place to start!